Growing companies in a variety of industries are leveraging their corporate travel programs as a reliable source of customer acquisition and retention. But with new growth comes new challenges. Veteran executives know that when poorly managed, growth, or even just a commitment to growth, can turn into a runaway cost center that’s difficult to reign in. Corporate travel is no exception. It doesn’t help that companies often feel alone in their pursuit of streamlined and cost-effective travel programs, with vendors failing to have their back when it matters most.
Limit the impact of factors outside of your control and harness the potential of corporate travel with advanced business travel technologies applied to your business needs. With new tools, you can deploy travel program management strategies and policies that capitalize on complex points programs, help make timely travel purchases, and support the effective application of travel discounts with less effort and fewer resources.
Why Business Travel Technology?
Technological automation and full-scale digital transformation are no doubt here to stay as go-to strategies for most businesses. But how do you realize the promise of technologies meant to improve the efficiency, simplicity, and safety of business travel without getting bogged down by technical hurdles and unfriendly user experiences?
You need new ways to identify and apply the trends and factors most impactful to your corporate travel program. Expired tickets, improperly applied discounts, and leftover reward points can mean the difference between travel program failure and success.
Gain Insight Into Travel Program Operations
For more companies, the answer to this challenge is to proactively track, monitor, and analyze your travel program for efficiency and effectiveness. Through new business travel technologies, you can better understand holistically how gains made through the proper deployment of travel program resources can positively impact business bottom lines.
Smart, intuitive, and scalable business travel technologies rely on transparent systems to fill gaps in your organization’s own travel data. This, along with the support of experienced travel technology experts, can help to scale and streamline your travel program. Implement and unify business travel expense management solutions, duty of care programs, and technological buffers to avoid costly human errors, all with an immediate and sustained impact on your travel program.
Quality modern business travel technologies help businesses meet two primary objectives:
1) Improved financial performance of corporate travel programs through better transparency into travel program policy impact. Use insights to discover how specific actions taken by travel managers and business travelers affect overall program efficiency. Then, use these insights to promote data-driven travel management decision-making to avoid costly errors.
2) Increased flexibility during periods of uncertainty. Keep your travel programs on course even when inclement weather, geopolitical events, or an employee’s unfortunate crisis threatens to disrupt it. Adapt to change, even when short-term fluctuations in travel environments turn into long-term shifts, with effective policy implementation spearheaded by business travel technology.
Choose a New Path For Your Travel Program
The Travel Team is a leading TMC that works closely with travel managers and other key stakeholders to help clients realize the full benefits of business travel technologies. Our online booking and expense management platform, duty of care platform, and comprehensive travel planning services are configured to work seamlessly together and with existing software to solve long-term pain points so you can set new goals.
Common business travel program needs include:
- Controlling expenses, simplifying reporting, and streamlining approvals for holistic expense tracking and management.
- Diagnosing and correcting common corporate travel issues like cost leakage, non-compliance, absent documentation, and low visibility into travel programs.
- Embedding and automating the implementation of travel policy guidelines in a way that’s simple for stakeholders and adaptable across travel scenarios.
- Committing fully to your organization’s obligation to travel risk management and duty of care.
- Digitizing manual travel processes that are prone to error and difficult to monitor.
- Linking what happens to travelers on the ground to its impact on the business’s bottom line.
- Adding the necessary talent and resources to modernize your corporate travel program.
Meet Unique Business Needs with Custom Solutions
Even the most sophisticated technologies can’t operate without thoughtful and deliberate human input. In the case of travel management programs, this type of support is provided by the experienced individuals at travel management companies (TMCs). The success of software is not just about solving problems. It’s about doing so in a way that achieves concrete, real-world business objectives such as budget stability, optimization, and adaptable resource allocation.
While no single technology can meet this set of objectives on its own, a complete, unified system (often called a “stack” by tech experts) deployed with the help of an expert TMC can. The key is to configure solutions to make flexibility and data-driven decisions the norm with technology that’s easy to use and fully integrated with existing business systems.
Gain Stakeholder Buy-In and Satisfaction
Business travel technology deployment is best conducted using a discrete set of best practices guided by industry professionals intimately aware of your biggest travel needs. We can assist in the rapid implementation, flexible scaling, and simplified maintenance of world-class business solutions including the gold standard of expense management SAP Concur. Our suite’s newest addition, TTT Mobile, in tandem with our innovative duty of care platform, work together to offer travelers a safe and stress-free travel experience, so they can focus on meeting business goals. Start realizing a better business travel built to maximize ROI even as your program grows by contacting a member of our team today.