For couples who love to ski, snowboard or curl up next to a roaring fireplace, a ski resort may be the perfect wedding venue. Many of the best resorts offer customizable packages with multiple venues on their grounds to choose from. While winter means you and your guests will be able to ski during your wedding weekend, consider a summer or fall wedding at these resorts as well for an outdoor ceremony and pretty foliage.
The best part? All of these luxurious mountain wedding destinations are located in the Northeast, so your guests won’t have to travel far to watch you tie the knot.
The Green Mountains, Vermont
The Green Mountains stretch across the entire state of Vermont, from Massachusetts to Quebec. They’re dotted with ski resorts, many with wedding package options.
- Located just a half hour drive north of the Killington Ski Area, The Mountain Top Inn & Resort doesn’t have any slopes of its own. However, the resort offers mountain views from multiple ceremony and reception sites, a crystal-clear lake and luxury accommodations.
- The charming ski town of Stowe comes alive in the winter. Multiple ski resorts, including Stowe Mountain Resort, offer beautiful wintertime wedding packages. Giant fireplaces indoors and out, rich wood and gorgeous peaks make this the perfect place for an East Coast mountain wedding.
- Between Killington and Stowe lies Sugarbush Resort. No matter what time of year you celebrate your vows at this ski resort, there’s plenty for your guests to enjoy: biking, hiking and ski trails, golf course, disc golf, tennis courts and a zipline are all located on site!
The Adirondack Mountains, New York
More than 100 peaks make up the Adirondack Region of New York. Once home to the Winter Olympics, this region knows both winter sports and hospitality, ideal for your ski resort wedding.
- High Peaks Resort offers multiple venues to choose from in Lake Placid. From a warm-weather lakefront ceremony to a cozy, intimate gathering next to a crackling fireplace, this ski resort offers something for every couple.
- Named one of the best ski lodges in the US, The Whiteface Lodge has everything you could ever dream of in a luxury escape. Family-friendly amenities and stunning mountain views from multiple venue options make this a dreamy destination for your big day.
The Pocono Mountains, Pennsylvania
The Poconos have long been a destination for both honeymooners and nature-lovers. Now, ski resorts welcome couples from across the Northeast for weddings they’ll never forget.
- Say “I do” atop a mountain at Blue Mountain Resort, located less than 80 miles north of Philadelphia. High ceilings and oversized windows make your reception feel like part of the scenery, no matter what time of year you celebrate.
- Further south is the amenity-filled Liberty Mountain Resort, home to more than a dozen runs, a snow tubing carpet and freestyle terrain park. Venue choices are numerous, with options from a private lodge to elegant spaces with stunning views.