Creating an incentive travel program that motivates your employees means designing trips with employees’ wants and needs in mind. Travel that offers unique, picture-perfect experiences and focuses on wellness resonates with today’s workforce. Use these incentive travel trends to build a business-boosting program your employees love.
- Authentic Experiences: The travel you plan for your company’s top performers should include experiences that reflect the destination. Incorporate local food, music and art, as well as excursions travelers can’t find anywhere else.
- Unique Destinations: Common vacation destinations, including popular Caribbean islands and the biggest European cities, may have already been checked off your employees’ bucket lists. Opt for locales off the beaten path. Some of the top incentive travel destinations include Eastern Europe, Southeast Asian and South America.
- Wellness Travel: Wellness travel is a trend in its own right. As employers become more focused on physical and mental wellbeing in the workplace, health-conscious activities and accommodations are becoming an important part of incentive travel.
- Volunteerism: Today’s travelers are curious about everyday life in their destination. Opportunities for volunteering, if incorporated ethically, can give your program an impact beyond your bottom line.
- Personalization: A rigid itinerary is not for every traveler. A flexible, personalized schedule that fits an employee’s individual needs makes the trip more enjoyable. Ensuring a trip is relaxing and rejuvenating, no matter who attends, increases its motivational power.
- Sustainability: Employees care about how their travel affects the environment. Make your trips eco-friendly to catch the attention of your workforce.
- Technology: Incorporating social media, virtual reality and other technology into every piece of an incentive travel program is trending. This includes before, during and after the trip, with goal-tracking programs, sharable moments and recaps.